The City Clerk's office serves as your window to the City Council and City Hall. The Clerk's functions are broad and vital to the daily operation and welfare of the community. The City Clerk serves as a public information center for local government and is often the first office visited by persons moving into the area. The office serves as the keeper of the record with regard to official records of the City.
- In charge and custody of all deeds, bonds, contracts, vouchers, books and papers belonging to the City.
- Seals and attests all agreements and has supervision of contracts, bonds, obligations, loans, liabilities, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Attends City Council meetings and keeps recordsof city council agendas, as well as the city council minutes.
- Keeps all Ordinances and Resolutions indexed and in safe keeping and maintains updated codification of ordinances
- Oversees payroll, City insurance and City benefits.
- Responsible for billing and collection of resident fees for utilities and utility appeals.
- Should anyone wish to obtain a copy or view a public document other than Police and Fire records, they should complete a request form, which is available in the City Clerk's office and on-line.